Creating the Future of Healthcare
NIA Magellan is the specialty healthcare segment of Magellan Healthcare, a company with over 50 years serving individuals with complex needs. What began through a purchase of National Imaging Associates, Inc., in 2006 has become a boundary-pushing organization that’s changing the face of utilization management to improve clinical outcomes, lower costs and enhance the member and provider experience.
What we do
- Advanced Imaging – Flexible approach to utilization management, driven by detailed automated clinical guidelines and machine-learning technology. Learn more.
- DecisionPoint Automated Prior Authorization – The first solution of its kind that integrates with electronic health records for authorizations at the point of care, increasing speed to treatment and provider and member satisfaction. Learn more.
- Cardiac Solutions – Comprehensive, clinically advanced management approach that focuses on safety, quality and strong provider partnerships. Learn more.
- Musculoskeletal Management – Leverages clinical expertise to manage variation in care, reduce costs, and minimize unnecessary surgery and member discomfort. Learn more.
- Physical Medicine – Comprehensive, member- and case-centric approach to managing chiropractic and physical, speech and occupational services in a variety of settings. Learn more.
- 1995: National Imaging Associates, Inc., (NIA) was founded as a privately held radiology benefits management company, managing diagnostic imaging services on a non-risk basis.
- 2006: Magellan acquired NIA as a platform for future growth, moving NIA toward risk-based business, and rebranded the segment as NIA Magellan, keeping the original legal name to reflect our utilization management license.
- 2015: NIA purchased HSM Physical Health, Inc., (HSM), a privately held physical medicine management company focused on chiropractic and physical, occupational and speech therapy services.
- 2018: NIA Magellan launches DecisionPoint, the first automated prior authorization solution at the point of care.
- 2020: NIA Magellan launches DecisionPath, a new back-office solution for our advanced imaging product.
If you would like more information about NIA Magellan’s solutions, please contact Justin Beck at email@example.com or 314-387-4835.