Knowledge is power. Especially when it comes to diagnostic imaging like X-rays and radiation therapy for cancer. As a consumer, you can play an active role in your healthcare experience by learning about the technology, benefits and risks of the services that your doctor has suggested.
Here at NIA Magellan, we provide data-driven tools and solutions designed to help healthcare providers deliver the best possible care to their patients. We invite you to join us in that quest by making informed decisions about your healthcare. It’s easy if you follow the three E’s:
- Educate yourself. Learn as much as you can about your health condition. Click here to learn more about diagnostic imaging and radiation.
Click here to learn more about genetic testing.
- Engage in dialogue with your physician:
- Not sure where to start? Click here to find a list of important questions to ask your doctor.
- Having a heart test? Download this list of questions and take it with you to your next appointment.
- Exercise your power:
- When used appropriately, advanced imaging can be extremely valuable, but it is also important to minimize your exposure to radiation. Download this flyer to learn about radiation risk.
- There are different types of places that offer advanced imaging, and procedure cost and quality vary. Download this flyer to understand your facility options. Click here to find quality facilities certified by the American College of Radiology.
Our goal is to ensure that every patient has access to top-quality, safe and clinically appropriate imaging services. Through informed decisions, you play an important role in ensuring that you receive the right test for the right reason at the right time in the right place. That’s more power to you.